Monday, February 22, 2010

Exciting Decision Reached!

I just have to share my exciting news with everyone! A life altering decision has been reached. I will be pursuing further education after my imminent graduation in May. I will graduate with High Honors and a Bach. in Business Administration specializing in Human Resources. However, this is not my passion. I have decided to pursue either a BS in nursing or a master's. There are accelerated programs for both. The BS would take about a year and a half. The master's would take three. I have even thought about applying to Yale's Graduate Entry Prespecialty in Nursing (GEPN) program. This results in a master's degree in three years of round the clock study. I am so excited!! If I don't choose Yale, then I will go to one of two universities in Indiana that offer accelerated Bach degrees in nursing.

Anyway, my point is that I am going to go into the medical profession because it has always been my passion and because I have personally experienced the profession from a patients point of view. I have seen what a great RN can do for patient satisfaction and care.

I am researching more but I think this is my path. Maybe the ten years of pain and suffering was not for naught. Maybe I will become a nurse who works with Chiari patients. I would have to work for Dr. Di or Luciano at the Cleveland Clinic though since the rest of the Chiari docs and I do not see eye to eye (zipperhead vs. endoscopic).

Wish me luck!! I could use the support. I will keep you updated on my progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lori, this sounds amazing! I am so happy that you will realize your passion! And, yes, a compassionate, understanding nurse... there CANNOT be enough of them in this world!

Thank you for sharing your blog with me... I'll read further on in the days ahead!

Looking forward to meeting you one of these days!

Lori

Lori said...

Hey my Hoosier sister!! Glad you enjoyed. Hopefully it was informative. I look forward to meeting you as well.

Take care,
Lori

 
web site statistics software
web site statistics software